Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
New England News
Fri August 3, 2012
Officials Warn Of Traffic Jams In Western Mass. Because Of Air Show
Transportation officials are warning traffic on interstate highways in western Massachusetts may be very heavy this weekend because of a big air show at the Westover Air Force Reserve Base in Chicopee. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports.
Up to a half million people are expected to attend the weekend air show, which organizers say will be the largest in the history of the Westover Reserve base, and one of the largest shows in the country. Chicopee’s Mayor Michael Bissonette says traffic jams can be expected.
MassDot officials, state and local police plan to monitor traffic conditions and provide updated directions on electronic highway message boards. Heavy traffic is expected on the MassPike, Interstates 91 and 291.. An air show two years ago in Westfield caused significant delays on the MassPike.