Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Mon April 19, 2004
Old Death Records Illuminate Critical Period
By Kelly Wilkinson
Amherst, MA – A professor at the University of Massachusetts won a 3-year grant from the National Institutes of Health to study what he calls the "Grammars of Death." He'll led a team studying old death records in two Western Massachusetts towns. As WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson explains, its hoped that the study will shed some light on a time period when medical and social views of death and disease changed radically.