Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Mon April 19, 2004
Old Death Records Illuminate Critical Period
By Kelly Wilkinson
Amherst, MA – A professor at the University of Massachusetts won a 3-year grant from the National Institutes of Health to study what he calls the "Grammars of Death." He'll led a team studying old death records in two Western Massachusetts towns. As WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson explains, its hoped that the study will shed some light on a time period when medical and social views of death and disease changed radically.