Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Tue March 12, 2013
One Dead in Northway Bus Accident
CLIFTON PARK, N.Y. (AP) — Police say one person is dead after an upstate New York wreck involving a bus carrying a college lacrosse team from Vermont.
Transportation officials say the accident happened just before noon Tuesday on Interstate 87 in Saratoga County, about 150 miles north of New York City.
State police say a person in one of two other vehicles involved has died. Police tell local media outlets the injuries on the bus were minor.
A trooper says the bus had 40 on board and was carrying men from St. Michael's College to a game in Westchester County outside New York City when a car spun out on the wet highway and hit the bus. The bus landed on its side off the road.
A mangled red car is in the median.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.