Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Mon October 1, 2012
One Million Dollar Grant to Help Burlington Energy Efficiency Projects
The mayor of Vermont's largest city says a $1 million grant will help the Burlington Electric Department provide financing to customers for energy efficiency projects.
Mayor Miro Weinberger says the grant will help the city build on its continuing commitment to improve energy efficiency and keep energy costs affordable for Burlington businesses.
The grant will provide "on-bill financing", a utility-run program that offers upfront funds to customers to make improvements that save energy and lower bills. The savings on customers' energy bills then are used to make installment payments on the projects.
U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders joined Weinberger and Vermont Public Service Commissioner Elizabeth Miller in announcing details of the grant Monday in Burlington.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.