Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
Mon October 1, 2012
One Million Dollar Grant to Help Burlington Energy Efficiency Projects
The mayor of Vermont's largest city says a $1 million grant will help the Burlington Electric Department provide financing to customers for energy efficiency projects.
Mayor Miro Weinberger says the grant will help the city build on its continuing commitment to improve energy efficiency and keep energy costs affordable for Burlington businesses.
The grant will provide "on-bill financing", a utility-run program that offers upfront funds to customers to make improvements that save energy and lower bills. The savings on customers' energy bills then are used to make installment payments on the projects.
U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders joined Weinberger and Vermont Public Service Commissioner Elizabeth Miller in announcing details of the grant Monday in Burlington.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.