Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Major Decisions On Casinos, Hydrofracking And Thruway Tolls Due Before End Of Year
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
- Northeast Energy Direct Pipeline Route Moves North
New England News
Thu March 20, 2014
Open Meeting Law Forum To Be Held In Pittsfield
The Massachusetts’ attorney general’s office is hosting an educational forum on the state’s open meeting law in Pittsfield Thursday.
As part of forums across the state, attorneys from the office’s Division of Open Government will be available to help local municipal bodies and the public understand open meeting laws and how to comply with them. Democratic state senator Ben Downing says often times municipal laws are written with larger communities in mind.
“It’s important for the attorney general’s office to hear from municipal officials from the variety of different size of towns and cities that we have out here to hear about how those laws are applied and how they impact trying to recruit volunteers and getting folks involved,” said Downing.
The forum starts at 6:00 p.m. at Reid Middle School in Pittsfield.
Those interested in attending are asked to register here.