Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Tue January 18, 2005
Opponents: Cement Plant Would Ruin the Economy
By Allison Dunne
Hudson, NY – Opponents of the proposed St. Lawrence Cement Greenport plant commissioned an economic report on the county for which the plant is proposed. The report is a rebuttal to one released by St. Lawrence Cement a few years ago. Plant opponents say the Greenport project would stifle a growing economy, while St. Lawrence officials say the project would do the opposite.