Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Tue January 18, 2005
Opponents: Cement Plant Would Ruin the Economy
By Allison Dunne
Hudson, NY – Opponents of the proposed St. Lawrence Cement Greenport plant commissioned an economic report on the county for which the plant is proposed. The report is a rebuttal to one released by St. Lawrence Cement a few years ago. Plant opponents say the Greenport project would stifle a growing economy, while St. Lawrence officials say the project would do the opposite.