Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu September 18, 2003
Opting In or Out of Predatory Llending Settlement?
By Pat Bradley
Albany, NY – Earlier this year the Attorneys General of all 50 states and the District of Columbia reached a settlement on predatory lending practices with Household International that will bring restitution to borrowers across the nation. Advocacy groups are urging that the nearly 25-thousand people in New York State that have received "Release of Claims" documents, seek legal advice before deciding whether to "opt in" and get a payment through the settlement. More from Pat Bradley.