Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Thu September 18, 2003
Opting In or Out of Predatory Llending Settlement?
By Pat Bradley
Albany, NY – Earlier this year the Attorneys General of all 50 states and the District of Columbia reached a settlement on predatory lending practices with Household International that will bring restitution to borrowers across the nation. Advocacy groups are urging that the nearly 25-thousand people in New York State that have received "Release of Claims" documents, seek legal advice before deciding whether to "opt in" and get a payment through the settlement. More from Pat Bradley.