Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
WAMC New York News
Thu September 18, 2003
Opting In or Out of Predatory Llending Settlement?
By Pat Bradley
Albany, NY – Earlier this year the Attorneys General of all 50 states and the District of Columbia reached a settlement on predatory lending practices with Household International that will bring restitution to borrowers across the nation. Advocacy groups are urging that the nearly 25-thousand people in New York State that have received "Release of Claims" documents, seek legal advice before deciding whether to "opt in" and get a payment through the settlement. More from Pat Bradley.