Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
New England News
Fri August 10, 2012
Organic Farming Conference Taking Place In Western Mass.
Hundreds of people are meeting this weekend in western Massachusetts to learn the latest about organic farming and healthy food issues. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports.
The 38th annual summer conference of the Northeast Organic Farming Association takes place Friday through Sunday on the campus of U-Mass Amherst. One of this year’s workshop presenters, and evening keynote speaker is Jeffrey Smith. He’s a consumer advocate who has devoted years to sounding an alarm over the risks of genetic modification in food.
Organizers say conference attendance has grown steadily over the last decade, as people become more concerned about the source of their food.. The Association has about 12 hundred members.