Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New England News
Fri August 10, 2012
Organic Farming Conference Taking Place In Western Mass.
Hundreds of people are meeting this weekend in western Massachusetts to learn the latest about organic farming and healthy food issues. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports.
The 38th annual summer conference of the Northeast Organic Farming Association takes place Friday through Sunday on the campus of U-Mass Amherst. One of this year’s workshop presenters, and evening keynote speaker is Jeffrey Smith. He’s a consumer advocate who has devoted years to sounding an alarm over the risks of genetic modification in food.
Organizers say conference attendance has grown steadily over the last decade, as people become more concerned about the source of their food.. The Association has about 12 hundred members.