Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Fri June 7, 2013
Ortiz Hits Three-Run Homer And Leads Sox To Victory
Well, the Red Sox beat the Rangers 6-3 last night. David Ortiz hit a game-ending three-run homer, lifting the Red Sox to victory after trailing by three runs. Jacoby Ellsbury scored the tying run on a fielder's choice in the seventh inning of his first game after sitting out five straight because of a groin injury.
Elsewhere, the Yankees won 6-1 over Seattle. Robinson Cano hit a three-run homer and Mark Teixeira followed with a solo shot as part of New York's six-run third inning. Phil Hughes took a shutout into the eighth.
Detroit beat Tampa Bay 5-2. It was Baltimore over Houston 3-1. Kansas City passed Minnesota 7-3 and Oakland won against the White Sox 5-4 in 10 innings.
Checking the National League, the game between the Mets and Nationals was postponed because of rain. St. Louis beat Arizona 12-8. Philadelphia trumped Milwaukee 5-1. San Diego edged ahead of Colorado 6-5 in 12 innings and the Dodgers blanked Atlanta 5-0.
Moving over to the NBA finals, the Spurs took Game 1 beating Miami 92-88. Tony Parker scored 21 points. Game 2 is Sunday in Miami.
Finally, in the NHL playoffs, the Chicago Blackhawks have control of the NHL's Western Conference finals after beating the Los Angeles Kings 3-2.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.