Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
In Our Backyard
Fri October 28, 2011
In Our Backyard 10/28/11
Albany, NY – We know how protective mothers can be of their children, whether animal or human. Today we examine the possibility of adoption in the wild kingdom.
Joan from Northern Dutchess County, New York called-in to ask about the peculiar scene outside her window one recent morning; one doe, a mother deer, feeding four fawns.
Deer are not typically seen nursing several fawns at one time; New York State wildlife pathologist Ward Stone gives his take on the situation.