Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
In Our Backyard
Fri November 18, 2011
In Our Backyard 11/18/11
Albany, NY – Listener Erin Moore wrote in to ask, "In your study of Punsit Creek, have you come across a name for the stream that starts in the Ten Broeck/Macedonia Road Area, runs along Ten Broeck, passes through the Doyle Farm property, runs along CR 9, crosses Route 203 at Brailey's and then joins the Punsit right before the Indian Creek junction (before it all runs into) the Kline Kill?" Erin said the stream, "shows up on the DEC mapper as a class C (T)," but no she mapping I can find has a name. Erin writes, "I thought if anyone knows, it would be you," former New York State wildlife pathologist Ward Stone, who is quite familiar with the Punsit Creek area.