Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
In Our Backyard
Fri December 2, 2011
In Our Backyard 12/02/11
Albany, NY – Listener Lou Domanico writes in with two questions on ticks, the first being, "Where were ticks (in the capital district) twenty to 30 years ago?" what and what has kept their population down, and the second, "During the summer are ticks so specifically eating off their favorite species (deer and mice) that they do not bother humans and dogs and then what drives them to dogs and humans in the fall?"