Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
In Our Backyard
Fri December 9, 2011
In Our Backyard 12/9/11
Albany, NY – On today's segment; Listener Eileen Fay writes, "I have a charming family of gray rats living under my small wooded patio," but when she puts bird seed out around the area, nearby squirrels, who are much larger than the rats, are scared away when the rats come out to eat. Former New York State wildlife pathologist Ward Stone gives his take on rats and how they impose dominance over larger woodland creatures.