Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Fri November 26, 2004
Outlook for Black Friday Good
By Brian Shields
Albany, NY – The day after Thanksgiving is traditionally one of the busier shopping days of the year, the day when retailers mark the start of the holiday shopping season. As WAMC's Senior Correspondent Brian Shields reports, there is optimism amoung store owners in the Capitol District and across New York State as their busiest and most profitable weeks begin.