Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
WAMC New York News
Tue November 8, 2005
Owners of Independence Air File for Bankruptcy Protection
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The parent of low-fare airline Independence Air, Fly-I, has filed for bankruptcy protection. Independence Air began serving Bradley International Airport in Connecticut, Burlington International Airport in Vermont, and Albany International Airport last year. Both the company and airport managers do not expect any disruptions in service during the 60-day Chapter 11 proceedings.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.