Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Tue November 8, 2005
Owners of Independence Air File for Bankruptcy Protection
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The parent of low-fare airline Independence Air, Fly-I, has filed for bankruptcy protection. Independence Air began serving Bradley International Airport in Connecticut, Burlington International Airport in Vermont, and Albany International Airport last year. Both the company and airport managers do not expect any disruptions in service during the 60-day Chapter 11 proceedings.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.