Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri August 29, 2003
PA Joining Criticism of Clean Air Act Rules Changes
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The Bush administration has adopted a new rule that bypasses the Clean Air Act's New Source Review provision. Under the Act, power plants are required to install pollution reduction technology when plants are upgraded. New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer, as well as other states plan to sue the Bush administration over the rule change. Now, Pennsylvania's environmental chief is joining the chorus of administration critics. More from Pat Bradley.