Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed April 26, 2006
Pain at the pump
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – The New York State Assembly's Republican minority is pushing a measure it says could save New Yorkers about 10 cents per gallon at the pump. The lawmakers are looking at capping the 4% state sales tax on gasoline and establishing a fund to promote the use of alternative fuel sources. Gas prices per gallon in New York State are the highest in the Northeast. More from Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein.