Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
Tue July 31, 2012
Pakistani journalist, Adnan Rashid
Pakistani journalist Adnan Rashid has been reporting in the Berkshires since April to further explore journalism so that he can report more thoroughly about the area he lives in to the rest of the world.
A 31-year-old radio journalist, Rashid joined The Berkshire Eagle as a Daniel Pearl-Saleem Shahzad Fellow, selected through the Alfred Friendly Press Fellowship in Washington, D.C.
He will is based in Pittsfield until the fellowship ends in late August. Rashid's tasks at The Eagle include reporting on news events, writing op-ed pieces and blogging.
Besides his journalism work, Rashid has been involved in the community. He's interested in clearing up misperceptions that Americans have about Pakistanis and vice versa. As part of his fellowship, he is spending this week at WAMC.