Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- The Gooey Chocolate Cookie Recipe That's Worth $5,000
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
WAMC New York News
Mon November 28, 2005
Pantries and soup kitchens in Western Mass feel pinch
By Jessica Bloustein
Northampton, MA – Food pantries and soup kitchens in Western Massachusetts are seeing dramatic increases in the numbers of needy people and families that they serve. Many of them say they are finding it difficult to keep up with the demand.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.