Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu October 13, 2005
Paper Mill Receives Draft Permit for Tire Test Burn
By Pat Bradley
Ticonderoga, NY – International Paper is a step closer to burning tires to power its mill on Lake Champlain. The company has received a draft permit for a test burn of tire-derived fuel at its Ticonderoga, New York mill. International Paper now faces a 75-day public comment period, a public hearing and a review by the U-S Environmental Protection Agency before the test can be conducted. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley reports.