Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Thu October 13, 2005
Paper Mill Receives Draft Permit for Tire Test Burn
By Pat Bradley
Ticonderoga, NY – International Paper is a step closer to burning tires to power its mill on Lake Champlain. The company has received a draft permit for a test burn of tire-derived fuel at its Ticonderoga, New York mill. International Paper now faces a 75-day public comment period, a public hearing and a review by the U-S Environmental Protection Agency before the test can be conducted. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley reports.