Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu October 13, 2005
Paper Mill Receives Draft Permit for Tire Test Burn
By Pat Bradley
Ticonderoga, NY – International Paper is a step closer to burning tires to power its mill on Lake Champlain. The company has received a draft permit for a test burn of tire-derived fuel at its Ticonderoga, New York mill. International Paper now faces a 75-day public comment period, a public hearing and a review by the U-S Environmental Protection Agency before the test can be conducted. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley reports.