Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Thu August 4, 2005
Paper Mill Revises Permit Request for Burning Tires as Fuel
By Pat Bradley
Ticonderoga, NY – International Paper has re-submitted to the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation a revised permit request for a test burn of tire-derived fuel at its mill in Ticonderoga, New York. The plant hopes the review of the new application will be followed by a draft permit. But before that happens, there are still weeks of public and environmental compliance scrutiny. And opponents of the test burn, especially in Vermont, are not backing down.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.