Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
WAMC New York News
Thu August 4, 2005
Paper Mill Revises Permit Request for Burning Tires as Fuel
By Pat Bradley
Ticonderoga, NY – International Paper has re-submitted to the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation a revised permit request for a test burn of tire-derived fuel at its mill in Ticonderoga, New York. The plant hopes the review of the new application will be followed by a draft permit. But before that happens, there are still weeks of public and environmental compliance scrutiny. And opponents of the test burn, especially in Vermont, are not backing down.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.