Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New England News
Mon April 17, 2006
Partnership to Study How Electricity Cleans Manure
By Pat Bradley
Burlington, VT – A new technology is being studied by the University of Vermont, a utility and an emerging technology company in hopes of reducing phosphorous runoff into Lake Champlain. The new technology, which uses an electrical charge on manure before it's used as fertilizer, is so far, also eliminating an ancient farm problem - manure smell. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more...