Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New England News
Mon April 17, 2006
Partnership to Study How Electricity Cleans Manure
By Pat Bradley
Burlington, VT – A new technology is being studied by the University of Vermont, a utility and an emerging technology company in hopes of reducing phosphorous runoff into Lake Champlain. The new technology, which uses an electrical charge on manure before it's used as fertilizer, is so far, also eliminating an ancient farm problem - manure smell. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more...