Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed April 6, 2005
Passports to be Required for all Border Crossings
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The U-S Departments of Homeland Security and State announced Tuesday an initiative that will require, by 2008, that all Canadians, Mexicans, and citizens of Bermuda and the U-S to have a passport to enter or re-enter the U-S.
Canadians and U-S citizens crossing the northern border have been able to cross using a drivers license, and some business and tourism officials are concerned that the new mandate will have a detrimental effect on cross-border traffic. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley reports.