Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
WAMC New York News
Wed April 6, 2005
Passports to be Required for all Border Crossings
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The U-S Departments of Homeland Security and State announced Tuesday an initiative that will require, by 2008, that all Canadians, Mexicans, and citizens of Bermuda and the U-S to have a passport to enter or re-enter the U-S.
Canadians and U-S citizens crossing the northern border have been able to cross using a drivers license, and some business and tourism officials are concerned that the new mandate will have a detrimental effect on cross-border traffic. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley reports.