Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Thu January 8, 2004
Pataki Gets a Thumbs Up for His Swimmable Hudson Plan
By Allison Dunne
Kingston, NY – New York Governor George Pataki often spoke of freedom in his State-of-the-State address yesterday. He referred to one liberty as the freedom to live in a clean and healthy environment. Hudson Valley area politicians and environmentalists say the governor has proven to be a friend of the environment, though the governor's plan to make the Hudson River clean enough to swim in by the year 2009 seems a bit lofty. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne reports.