Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed April 12, 2006
Pataki vetoes $3 billion
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – New York State Governor George Pataki is shaving more than $2 billion off of the budget lawmakers passed at the end of March. $1.4 billion dollars of the stricken items are those the governor has deemed unconstitutional-claiming lawmakers defied Court of Appeals rulings that prohibit them from changing the language in the governor's budget.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.