Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Glens Falls Prepares For Basketball Tournament Weekend
WAMC New York News
Wed April 12, 2006
Pataki vetoes $3 billion
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – New York State Governor George Pataki is shaving more than $2 billion off of the budget lawmakers passed at the end of March. $1.4 billion dollars of the stricken items are those the governor has deemed unconstitutional-claiming lawmakers defied Court of Appeals rulings that prohibit them from changing the language in the governor's budget.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.