Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Wed April 12, 2006
Pataki vetoes $3 billion
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – New York State Governor George Pataki is shaving more than $2 billion off of the budget lawmakers passed at the end of March. $1.4 billion dollars of the stricken items are those the governor has deemed unconstitutional-claiming lawmakers defied Court of Appeals rulings that prohibit them from changing the language in the governor's budget.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.