Most Active Stories
- MA And CT Declare State Of Emergency, Issues Travel Bans As Winter Blast Nears
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- International Paper Employee Dies From Injuries
WAMC New York News
Wed April 12, 2006
Pataki vetoes $3 billion
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – New York State Governor George Pataki is shaving more than $2 billion off of the budget lawmakers passed at the end of March. $1.4 billion dollars of the stricken items are those the governor has deemed unconstitutional-claiming lawmakers defied Court of Appeals rulings that prohibit them from changing the language in the governor's budget.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.