Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
New England News
Fri November 9, 2012
Patrick Administration Awards Millions For Local Projects
The Patrick Administration has announced $38 million for more than two dozen infrastructure projects across Massachusetts. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports
Lt Governor Timothy Murray, visited Easthampton Friday to highlight four projects the state is funding in western Massachusetts. $3 million to Easthampton, and $1.5 million to Chicopee to support mill redevelopment projects. Holyoke is getting $2 million to build a rail station. Mayor Alex Morse says high speed rail is part of his economic development strategy.
$4 million is going to Springfield to help facilitate a project to bring a full line grocery store to the city’s poorest neighborhood.