Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
New England News
Tue October 16, 2012
Patrick to Attend 2nd Debate
Governor Deval Patrick is heading out of town again, this time to attend the second presidentialdebate between President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
Patrick told reporters Monday that during the first debate Obama was great on substance but Romney was better on style.
Patrick said he thinks the fellow Democrat will be "pumped" during Tuesday's town hall style debate at Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y.
Patrick serves as a co-chairman of Obama's election campaign. He said the president should emphasize his record, from the creation of millions of private sector jobs, to his expansion of health care and rescue of the auto industry.
Patrick has also dismissed Republican criticism that he has been spending too much time out of state campaigning for Obama.
Patrick is scheduled to return Tuesday night.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press