Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
New England News
Fri June 22, 2012
Patrick introducing development plan
Patrick Administration officials are introducing a long term economic development plan at a series of meetings across the state with local government and business leaders. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports.
The plan focuses on workforce development, nurturing the innovation economy, and empowering communities to develop their local economies. State Representative Joseph Wagner of Chicopee who chairs the Joint Committee on Economic Development and Emerging Technologies says local leaders had a say in developing the plan and now have a roll to implement it.
The plan, called Choosing to Compete in the 21st Century, also focuses on ways to make it easier for businesses to operate and make Massachusetts more cost competitive.