Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
New England News
Fri June 22, 2012
Patrick introducing development plan
Patrick Administration officials are introducing a long term economic development plan at a series of meetings across the state with local government and business leaders. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports.
The plan focuses on workforce development, nurturing the innovation economy, and empowering communities to develop their local economies. State Representative Joseph Wagner of Chicopee who chairs the Joint Committee on Economic Development and Emerging Technologies says local leaders had a say in developing the plan and now have a roll to implement it.
The plan, called Choosing to Compete in the 21st Century, also focuses on ways to make it easier for businesses to operate and make Massachusetts more cost competitive.