Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed June 9, 2004
Patriot Act Affect Mass MoCA Exhibit
By Kelly Wilkinson
North Adams, MA – An exhibit that was scheduled for the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art will no longer be shown at the museum. That's because the artist is being investigated by the FBI and the US Attorney's Office. His work dealt with genetically modified foods, and some of the biology equipment he had in his home raised red flags and bioterrorism concerns. While the FBI says it's simply doing its job, artists say the situation poses a threat to freedom of expression. WAMC's Kelly Wilkinson has more.