Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Hudson Valley News
Sat September 7, 2013
Peace Groups Hold Protests Against U.S. Military Action In Syria
A peace and justice action network in Westchester is holding a 24-hour protest against U.S. military strikes in Syria. The peaceful demonstration begins Friday evening.
WESPAC Foundation is calling the gathering an emergency protest to demand that congress refuse to authorize a military strike in Syria. Earlier this week, the Senate Foreign Relations Committee approved a resolution authorizing the use of military force. The Westchester protest includes a march to Democratic Congresswoman Nita Lowey’s district office in White Plains, then to the federal courthouse and back to the Plaza Fountain, also in White Plains, for a 24-hour encampment. It all begins at 5.
Meanwhile, The United National Antiwar Coalition is calling for mass protests everywhere on Saturday. These include demonstrations in Times Square in New York City; Washington, D.C.; Boston; Chicago; and San Francisco. They plan a demonstration on Monday in Los Angeles when President Obama addresses the AFL-CIO convention.
Listener Comment Line