Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
WAMC New York News
Tue January 3, 2006
People give state of state
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – One day before New York State governor George Pataki gives his final State of the State address, anti-poverty advocates have given their own state of the state. On the steps of the state Capitol, they called for affordable housing, universal health care and a living wage for low income workers in New York. For New York's Capital Region, many of these concerns reflect a strain on charitable service providers.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein was at the rally.