Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Tue January 3, 2006
People give state of state
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – One day before New York State governor George Pataki gives his final State of the State address, anti-poverty advocates have given their own state of the state. On the steps of the state Capitol, they called for affordable housing, universal health care and a living wage for low income workers in New York. For New York's Capital Region, many of these concerns reflect a strain on charitable service providers.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein was at the rally.