Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Tue January 3, 2006
People give state of state
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – One day before New York State governor George Pataki gives his final State of the State address, anti-poverty advocates have given their own state of the state. On the steps of the state Capitol, they called for affordable housing, universal health care and a living wage for low income workers in New York. For New York's Capital Region, many of these concerns reflect a strain on charitable service providers.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein was at the rally.