Most Active Stories
- MA And CT Declare State Of Emergency, Issues Travel Bans As Winter Blast Nears
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- International Paper Employee Dies From Injuries
WAMC New York News
Tue January 3, 2006
People give state of state
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – One day before New York State governor George Pataki gives his final State of the State address, anti-poverty advocates have given their own state of the state. On the steps of the state Capitol, they called for affordable housing, universal health care and a living wage for low income workers in New York. For New York's Capital Region, many of these concerns reflect a strain on charitable service providers.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein was at the rally.