Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Arts & Culture
Fri September 7, 2012
The Perils of Show Business according to Charles Grodin
Charles Grodin is best known for his work in films such as Midnight Run, Rosemary’s Baby and the Beethoven movies. He has also been a talk-show guest, a talk-show host and a 60-Minutes commentator. In his new DVD, The Perils of Show Business: Proceed at Your Own Risk , he talks about his experiences progressing from useless acting classes in his youth to delivering some of the finest performances in modern movies. He also names names when it comes to bad experiences in moviemaking, including run-ins with the once almighty producer Ray Stark, director Roman Polanski and the playwright Neil Simon.