Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed August 2, 2006
Permit to Burn Tire-Derived Fuel Moves to Feds
By Pat Bradley
Ticonderoga, NY – The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has forwarded International Paper's permit application for a test burn of tire-derived fuel at its Ticonderoga, New York mill to the federal Environmental Protection Agency. Vermonters downwind of the plant are dismayed that New York State appears to be approving a test that opponents say will have serious health repercussions. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has reaction.