Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
WAMC New York News
Wed August 2, 2006
Permit to Burn Tire-Derived Fuel Moves to Feds
By Pat Bradley
Ticonderoga, NY – The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has forwarded International Paper's permit application for a test burn of tire-derived fuel at its Ticonderoga, New York mill to the federal Environmental Protection Agency. Vermonters downwind of the plant are dismayed that New York State appears to be approving a test that opponents say will have serious health repercussions. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has reaction.