Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed August 2, 2006
Permit to Burn Tire-Derived Fuel Moves to Feds
By Pat Bradley
Ticonderoga, NY – The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has forwarded International Paper's permit application for a test burn of tire-derived fuel at its Ticonderoga, New York mill to the federal Environmental Protection Agency. Vermonters downwind of the plant are dismayed that New York State appears to be approving a test that opponents say will have serious health repercussions. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has reaction.