Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Tue September 7, 2004
Pesky Beetle Plaguing Pine and Christmas Trees
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has expanded its quarantine against the export of uninspected pines and pine-wood products to 48 of the state's counties, which includes virtually all of upstate. It's due to a beetle that's boring into, and destroying, new growth in the fir trees. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.