Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
North Country News
Wed June 20, 2012
Petitioners Ask VT Council to Reconsider Jet Vote
More than 1,600 people in the area of South Burlington, Vt., have signed a petition in support of locating new Air Guard jets at Burlington International Airport. WAMC’s Pat Bradley reports…
The petition presented Monday urges the South Burlington City Council to reconsider its opposition to basing the new jets locally.
The Council voted last month against basing the F-35A at the Vermont Air Guard base. It sent questions to the Air Force related to a draft environmental impact statement related to elevated noise levels.
Petitioners say the Air Guard contingent at the airport could be smaller if the base doesn't get the new jets. The current fighter jets based there, the aging F-16s, are being phased out.
I’m Pat Bradley, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.