Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed April 6, 2005
Petitioners Take Up Siren Issue with the NRC
By Allison Dunne
Buchanan, NY – Some groups have filed a petition with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, asking the agency to require the nation's nuclear power plants to back up their emergency notification systems. They hashed out their concerns in a conference call this week with NRC officials. The petitioners in the Hudson Valley are calling for backup regarding Indian Point's sirens. More from WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne.