Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
Wed July 18, 2012
Iconic contemporary composer, Philip Glass, joins us to share his thoughts on his 75th birthday year and the benefit concert he's playing tomorrow night at the Garrison Institute.
The Garrison Institute is a non-profit, non-sectarian organization whose mission is to apply the power of contemplation to social and environmental change. Glass previously performed there at their founding in 2003.
Glass also spoke with us about his new opera, The Perfect American, inspired by a novel by Peter Stephan Jungk. That part of our conversation didn't fit in the allotted slot on air this morning but we've uploaded it, separately, here.
Arts & Culture