Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Wed July 18, 2012
Iconic contemporary composer, Philip Glass, joins us to share his thoughts on his 75th birthday year and the benefit concert he's playing tomorrow night at the Garrison Institute.
The Garrison Institute is a non-profit, non-sectarian organization whose mission is to apply the power of contemplation to social and environmental change. Glass previously performed there at their founding in 2003.
Glass also spoke with us about his new opera, The Perfect American, inspired by a novel by Peter Stephan Jungk. That part of our conversation didn't fit in the allotted slot on air this morning but we've uploaded it, separately, here.
Arts & Culture