Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
New England News
Tue May 1, 2012
Physicians Group Issues New Warning On Nuclear War
At a recent gathering of Nobel Laureates in Chicago, a report was released detailing the danger facing the world from a limited nuclear war between India and Pakistan. The author of the report is a western Massachusetts physician. Dr. Ira Helfand, vice president of International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War, spoke with WAMC’s Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Paul Tuthill.