Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Tue August 17, 2004
Pioneer of Canadian Drug Programs Reacts to FDA
By Kelly Wilkinson
Springfield, MA – The fervor over prescription drugs is escalating as more state, cities and towns climb on board the bandwagon to help residents buy cheaper drugs in Canada. The FDA has aggressively opposed that practice, but now the agency has pulled back on their strong warnings. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson spoke with the former mayor of Springfield Massachusetts - which was the first city to offer Canadian drugs to its employees - about the FDA's latest position.