Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri February 4, 2005
Pittsfield Mayor Says Layoffs Could Result from Contract Dispute
By John Krol
Pittsfield, MA – Pittsfield's mayor is saying teacher lay-offs may be the result of not coming to a contract resolution -- as teachers are unhappy with an offer that would increase health insurance costs. This all comes as the two sides will try to hash it out over the bargaining table next week. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief John Krol met with the mayor and the teacher's union president today.