Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Fri February 4, 2005
Pittsfield Mayor Says Layoffs Could Result from Contract Dispute
By John Krol
Pittsfield, MA – Pittsfield's mayor is saying teacher lay-offs may be the result of not coming to a contract resolution -- as teachers are unhappy with an offer that would increase health insurance costs. This all comes as the two sides will try to hash it out over the bargaining table next week. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief John Krol met with the mayor and the teacher's union president today.