Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
WAMC New York News
Fri October 21, 2005
Plan to Re-establish Emergency Call Boxes and Provide Cell Coverage on Adirondack Northway
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – Some remote stretches of the Adirondack Northway are well known for their lack of cell phone service. Those same areas have had inactive emergency call boxes for years. Three North Country lawmakers say they have a proposal that could solve both the lack of cell coverage and re-activate some of the emergency phones along the highway.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.