Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Fri October 21, 2005
Plan to Re-establish Emergency Call Boxes and Provide Cell Coverage on Adirondack Northway
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – Some remote stretches of the Adirondack Northway are well known for their lack of cell phone service. Those same areas have had inactive emergency call boxes for years. Three North Country lawmakers say they have a proposal that could solve both the lack of cell coverage and re-activate some of the emergency phones along the highway.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.