Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
North Country News
Thu January 17, 2013
Plan Released to Curb Spread of Invasives in Lake George
The NYS DEC and the Lake George Park Commission on Wednesday announced a series of actions intended to prevent the spread of invasive species during the 2013 boating season.
The plan includes expansion of the Lake George Association’s boat steward program by two months.
A more comprehensive public outreach and education program will be developed and implemented and there will be more patrols by DEC and Park Commission officers trained in aquatic invasive spread prevention.
Additional funding for the initiatives will be provided thru the state’s Environmental Protection Fund.
The state will also begin a comprehensive and long-term plan to protect lake George from invasive species.