Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
North Country News
Thu January 17, 2013
Plan Released to Curb Spread of Invasives in Lake George
The NYS DEC and the Lake George Park Commission on Wednesday announced a series of actions intended to prevent the spread of invasive species during the 2013 boating season.
The plan includes expansion of the Lake George Association’s boat steward program by two months.
A more comprehensive public outreach and education program will be developed and implemented and there will be more patrols by DEC and Park Commission officers trained in aquatic invasive spread prevention.
Additional funding for the initiatives will be provided thru the state’s Environmental Protection Fund.
The state will also begin a comprehensive and long-term plan to protect lake George from invasive species.