Most Active Stories
- Stephentown Speaks Out Against NED Pipeline
- Sports Report: UAlbany Coach Will Brown Interviews At Fordham, George Mason
- Massachusetts Medical Society Against Limiting Questioning About Gun Ownership
- Supporters Raise $50,000 For Farmer Facing Animal Cruelty Charges
- Brien Center Workers Picket For Higher Wages
Mon November 18, 2013
Plane Crash In Russia Kills All 50 Aboard
Russian investigators are combing through the charred fragments of a Boeing 737 jetliner as they try to determine what caused its crash that killed all 50 people on board.
The plane belonging to the Tatarstan Airlines crashed Sunday while trying to land at its home port in the Russian city of Kazan, the capital of the oil-rich province of Tatarstan. The son of the provincial governor was among the victims.
The head of the local branch of Russia's Investigative Committee says the plane crashed while making a second attempt at landing. He says investigators are trying to determine why the crew couldn't land the first time, and investigators are looking into a possible pilot error or an equipment failure.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights Reserved.