Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
Thu May 31, 2012
Planned Parenthood Launches Anti-Romney TV Ad
Planned Parenthood is launching a TV ad campaign in three battleground states suggesting that women's rights would suffer if Republican Mitt Romney is elected president. The political arm of the women's health care organization has endorsed Democratic President Barack Obama for re-election. WAMC’s Dave Lucas has details…
The group announced Wednesday, a day after Romney claimed the GOP presidential nomination, that it would spend $1.4 million to air its ad in Florida, Iowa and Virginia, as well as Washington, D.C.
The ad quotes Romney saying he would "get rid" of Planned Parenthood. When he made the comment earlier this year, aides said he was talking about eliminating federal funding for the organization.
The spot also includes a clip of Romney saying the Supreme Court should overturn its Roe v. Wade decision that legalized abortion.
Dave Lucas, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.