Most Active Stories
- Sports Report: Michael Phelps Comes Out Of Retirement
- State Police Called After Hinsdale Select Board Denies Ex-Police Chief's Bid For Part-Time Position
- Concerns Raised Over Proposed Natural Gas Pipeline
- Albany Store Sold Bedbug-Infested Matresses
- Dr. Jeffrey Froh, Hofstra University - The Benefits of Gratitude
Thu May 31, 2012
Planned Parenthood Launches Anti-Romney TV Ad
Planned Parenthood is launching a TV ad campaign in three battleground states suggesting that women's rights would suffer if Republican Mitt Romney is elected president. The political arm of the women's health care organization has endorsed Democratic President Barack Obama for re-election. WAMC’s Dave Lucas has details…
The group announced Wednesday, a day after Romney claimed the GOP presidential nomination, that it would spend $1.4 million to air its ad in Florida, Iowa and Virginia, as well as Washington, D.C.
The ad quotes Romney saying he would "get rid" of Planned Parenthood. When he made the comment earlier this year, aides said he was talking about eliminating federal funding for the organization.
The spot also includes a clip of Romney saying the Supreme Court should overturn its Roe v. Wade decision that legalized abortion.
Dave Lucas, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.