Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
New York News
Fri September 27, 2013
Plans Still in Works for Burlington-Albany Bus
There's been a bit of a delay, but plans are still in the works to reinstate bus service between Albany, N.Y., and Burlington, VT.
The Vermont Agency of Transportation is seeking bids from companies to run that route and two others. The deadline has been extended from August to Oct. 14. Barbara Donovan of the agency said several potential bidders had questions.
The state has $400,000 in federal money available for a year.
Would-be riders have been without service down the western side of Vermont from Burlington to Albany (via Rutland) since Vermont Transit ended its route in 2005.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.