Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Tue December 18, 2012
The Playbill Broadway Yearbook: June 2011 to May 2012
Many of the people who love and enjoy Broadway keep scrapbooks of their experiences: photos, signed posters, ticket stubs, and, of course the Playbills.
Playbill Books, a division of the iconic company that designs the programs for every show on Broadway, has expanded this idea into an annual project that has become a Broadway tradition: The Playbill Broadway Yearbook.
The new edition includes chapters on 72 Broadway shows, which is every show that ran during the season—not just the new shows like Once, Newsies, Nice Work If You Can Get It and One Man, Two Guvnors, but the long-running ones from seasons past, like Phantom of the Opera, The Book of Mormon and Wicked.
Robert Viagas is an editor at Playbill, founder of Playbill.com and author, co-author or editor of more than a dozen books on the performing arts, notably the Playbill Broadway Yearbook series, which he also founded.
Arts & Culture