Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Tue December 18, 2012
The Playbill Broadway Yearbook: June 2011 to May 2012
Many of the people who love and enjoy Broadway keep scrapbooks of their experiences: photos, signed posters, ticket stubs, and, of course the Playbills.
Playbill Books, a division of the iconic company that designs the programs for every show on Broadway, has expanded this idea into an annual project that has become a Broadway tradition: The Playbill Broadway Yearbook.
The new edition includes chapters on 72 Broadway shows, which is every show that ran during the season—not just the new shows like Once, Newsies, Nice Work If You Can Get It and One Man, Two Guvnors, but the long-running ones from seasons past, like Phantom of the Opera, The Book of Mormon and Wicked.
Robert Viagas is an editor at Playbill, founder of Playbill.com and author, co-author or editor of more than a dozen books on the performing arts, notably the Playbill Broadway Yearbook series, which he also founded.
Arts & Culture