Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
Thu August 16, 2012
Police Collect Letters Written Between Prues
Police say the Vermont couple charged with killing a St. Johnsbury teacher and dumping her naked body in the Connecticut River have written letters to each other in jail discussing the crime.
The couple are accused of killing 33-year-old Melissa Jenkins, after luring her out of her house with a ruse about a broken down car in March.
Thirty-three-year-old Patricia Prue faces a charge of aggravated murder, accusing her of killing Jenkins during a sexual assault or attempted sexual assault. Thirty-year-old Allen Prue is charged with first-degree murder. Both have pleaded not guilty.
Police say they have collected numerous letters written between the Prues after searching Allen Prue's jail cell.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.