Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Hudson Valley News
Thu November 21, 2013
Police Investigate Deaths In Dutchess, Murder-Suicide In Orange
In New York, state police are investigating a reported murder-suicide in Orange County. Separately, police reportedly are investigating three deaths in Dutchess County.
In Orange County, state police in Middletown responded to a report just after midnight of a murder-suicide in a residence on McVeigh Road in the Town of Wawayanda. Police say a preliminary investigation determined that 51-year-old Manuel Lara shot his 32-year-old wife Ada Lara before shooting himself. Police say the shootings occurred during a domestic dispute in a bedroom of the home. Separately, in Dutchess County, police reportedly are investigating three deaths in Pleasant Valley. The Poughkeepsie Journal reports that state police responded to a call around 8:30 Thursday morning about a dead person in a car of the A&P supermarket parking lot, but arrived to find two bodies in the car. State police tell the publication that a third body was found at another location in town, but would not say where. Police say there was no imminent danger to anyone in the area of the supermarket.