Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Wed September 12, 2012
Police Look to Stop Underage Drinking at UVM
Police are taking more aggressive measures to combat underage drinking at the University of Vermont.
A special law enforcement team is stepping up patrols. It's staffed by volunteers from the Chittenden County police departments, liquor control and Department of Motor Vehicles.
Police tell WCAX-TV Burlington's Hill section neighborhood is where they get the most complaints about loud parties and underage drinking. Five undercover officers focused their attention on the area this past weekend.
The team said they stopped 130 kids on Friday. They confiscated six fake IDs and cited 15 people for underage drinking or drug possession.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.