Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
Wed September 12, 2012
Police Look to Stop Underage Drinking at UVM
Police are taking more aggressive measures to combat underage drinking at the University of Vermont.
A special law enforcement team is stepping up patrols. It's staffed by volunteers from the Chittenden County police departments, liquor control and Department of Motor Vehicles.
Police tell WCAX-TV Burlington's Hill section neighborhood is where they get the most complaints about loud parties and underage drinking. Five undercover officers focused their attention on the area this past weekend.
The team said they stopped 130 kids on Friday. They confiscated six fake IDs and cited 15 people for underage drinking or drug possession.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.